Photo archive is a cgi application for archiving photo images,
some of the features implemented are:
- All the information is stored in a postgres database.
- Users may register and upload their photos.
- Users may create any number and levels of folders (albums).
- Thumbnails are created automatically.
- The latest uploads are shown in the main page.
- Photos may be viewed by album, category, total list or by the most
- Comments may be attached to the photos:
- Exposure date
- Users may add comment to any photo, the photo author is notified by
- Special user for administration of the archive, the administrator may:
- Moderate photos.
- Define categories.
- Define page header and footer.
- List user information incl. passwords.
- Delete users.
- E-mail notification when new photos are uploaded.
- Page for sending e-mails to the registered users.
- Rating of photos:
- Users may rate each others images.
- Page for viewing the top rated images.
- The size of images (pixels and file size) may be controlled i.e. the
image may be resized automatically.
- English and Spanish version.
- Useful for photo-clubs to archive their images where each user may
upload and maintain his/her own photo album.
Some of the information in the configuration:
- Language selection.
- Switch for enable/disable mail notification.
- How may images to show per page.
- The maximum size of image in pixels and file size in Kb.
- How long to keep images in the recent upladed page.
- Timeout for automatic logoff.
- Switch for enable/disable rating.
- Minimum number of ratings before showing it.
- Minimum rating before adding to the top rated list.
- Limit of rating for showing it (to avoid showing very low ratings).
- Postgres (older versions may not work)
- Apache web server
The application has be used with success on Redhat Linux 7.2, 7.3, 8.0, 9 and
Fedora Core 2.
The current version of Photo Archive is: 1.52
The project/download page:
A test installation (it may not always be up and it is not very fast,
Photo Archive License
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any
later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be
useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General
Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU
General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free
Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307
Reidar M. Tronstad E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org